Kenn's Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole!
1 lb. Baked Chicken, Shredded
1 26 Oz. Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 7 Oz. Can Mushrooms Pieces & Stems (Drained)
1 12 Oz. Bag Broccoli, Frozen, Chopped
1 14.5 Oz. Box of Farfale Pasta (Or Rotini or Penne)
1 8 Oz. Bag Shredded Cheese (Cheddar or Colby Jack)
1 2.75 Oz. Packet Pioneer Brand Peppered Gravy Mix
- Remove the baked chicken from the bones, shred, put in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large pot, start the water boiling for the pasta.
- In a separate medium sized pot, make the Pepper Gravy as directed with two cups of hot water. Add in the shredded chicken, cream of mushroom soup and the drained mushrooms and cook over medium heat.
- Start cooking the pasta noodles in the boiling water (takes about ten minutes).
- While the pasta is cooking, put the frozen broccoli in a colander and rinse thoroughly with cold water in the sink for a few minutes to defrost, then drain.
- Add the broccoli to the gravy/soup/chicken/mushroom mixture and stir in over medium heat.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the pasta noodles and return them to the large pot. Add the contents of the medium pot to the noodles in the large pot and mix together thoroughly.
- Spread the combined gravy and noodle mixture evenly in a large, glass baking dish. Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Cover baking dish with tinfoil and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese.
- Serve hot with Pillsbury biscuits (Optional) and enjoy!
Let me know how you like it!