Wednesday, May 19, 2010

GameSauce Article + Milwaukee Brewers Article

I've been on a bit of a writing kick lately, which is a good thing. I'm trying to stay sharp and motivated so I can get my ass moving on my screenplay and on a mystery story I've been outlining. In the meantime, though, I have video game development and I have the Milwaukee Brewers.

If you haven't seen GameSauce Magazine, you should really check it out. Great stuff! They had a fantastic debut issue a few months back that really got my attention. So much so, in fact, I asked if I could contribute to issue #2. I was pleasantly surprised when they said yes. The result? A collaborative effort with a friend (and fellow Producer) of mine, Dan Magaha:

- Producers: Essential Glue For Any Project or Useless Bags of Meat?

Opinions will vary on whether or not I am glue or meat, I'm sure, but I think the article makes some good points. I had a lot of fun writing it.

Something that isn't as fun for me is the Milwaukee Brewers' 2010 season so far. At 15-24, they aren't looking very good. A lot of fans are calling for Ken Macha's head on a platter. I analyze those feelings in:

- Ken Macha: Can The Struggling Milwaukee Brewers Really Blame Him?

I'm leaning toward "Yes, fire him" myself, but I also realize the team is underachieving in all phases of the game and the free agents who were brought in to help the team just aren't producing. The team needs a spark. I'm not sure if Macha can give them a spark or if it's going to take him being fired to ignite this team.

If the Brewers keep losing, though, we'll probably find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment