Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Other "Memorial Day" (By Vince Flynn)

A friend of mine turned me on to political thriller author Vince Flynn, a novelist who is a regular on the New York Times Bestseller list. I've been working my way through his catalog over the last year or so and I have to say, so far it's been a lot more hit than miss.

In a bit of cosmic irony, I finished his novel "Memorial Day" on Memorial Day. It wasn't planned. I had no intention of doing it. But the honest truth is, I couldn't put it down. I had been reading a chapter or two a morning before work, but I blew through the last 100 pages or so on Memorial Day because I just HAD to finish it. It was that good.

If you're looking for a new author to check out, give Vince Flynn a try. His first novel, "Term Limits," is VERY good. His 2nd novel, "Transfer of Power," introduces Flynn's staple character Mitch Rapp (the cornerstone of all the subsequent books). If you like those two books, you'll enjoy all of Flynn's stuff...and his catalog will keep you buys for a while.

On a different note, if you're a fan of MY writing (lol), SixWordStories.net was kind enough to pick up one of my other entries:

- http://www.sixwordstories.net/2010/05/i'm-schizophrenic-and-so-am-i/

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment